The 8 Series Sampling Oscilloscope provides a comprehensive optical test solution for telecom and datacom applications, as well as general purpose optical component testing. The TSO8C17 and TSO8C18 optical modules provide > 30 GHz optical bandwidth, plus fully integrated Optical Reference Receivers (ORR)1 enabling both single mode and multi-mode conformance testing at 850 nm, 1310 nm, and 1550 nm bands.
Key performance specifications
● Optical bandwidth above 30 GHz
● Single mode and multi-mode support for short and long wavelength optical testing
● Optical Reference Receiver (ORR)Optical Reference Receiver (ORR) is a 4th order Bessel-Thomson filter with a frequency response and tolerances as defined by the standards. Tektronix optimizes the response for best nominal fit and highest quality mask test results support for standard compliance testing
● Design/verification of High-Speed Components and Systems
● Signal integrity analysis
● Compliance test for industry PAM4 standards: 50G, 100G, 200G, 400G IEEE 802.3TM standanrd such as 400GBASE-FR8, 400GBASEDR4, and similar optical direct detect standards.
● New system architecture
- Disaggregated: Separation of the acquisition hardware and software analysis allows the data to be streamed over Ethernet to a connected PC. Users have the capability to scale their analysis platforms to their needs and can connect from anywhere on the network
- Configurable: The TSO820 mainframe supports user-swappable current and future optical modules
● Optical modules
- Accurate testing and characterization of short or long wave optical signals using the high sensitivity and low noise performance of the TSO8C17 or TSO8C18 modules
- Optical reference receivers (ORR)1 supports specified requirements for standards-mandated compliance testing
- Extinction ratio measurements with built-in variable ER correction to ensure accuracy and repeatability
● Analysis with TSOVu®
- TSOVu: A new software platform that runs independent of the oscilloscope mainframe on users’ computers or server for both live and post-processing of acquired data
- TSOVu offers comprehensive analysis of PAM4 optical signals. Includes support for eye diagrams, optical measurements such as TDECQ, and other standard measurements
- Measurement plug-in designed to interface with the base software that can be dynamically installed as needed
● High test throughput
- Simultaneous capture of all channels at a high sample acquisition rate of 300 kS/s
- Sophisticated Programmatic Interface (PI) for automation environments enables the highest test throughput. Each command supports full data synchronization, eliminating the need for wait / sleep statements
Compliance test for 50G, 100G, 200G, and 400G IEEE 802.3TM standards such as 400GBASE-FR8, 400GBASE-DR4, and similar optical direct detect standards. The TSO820 Sampling Oscilloscope is also designed to support high speed NRZ standards such as 100 Gb Ethernet (100GBASE-LR4 or similar) that operates at a rate of 25.78125 Gb/s. Stay up-to-date on the latest standards changes by updating or adding new measurement plug-ins as they are released.