WannaCryt Ransomware Issue
Comments and recommended actions for Tektronix Windows-based instruments
Section A: WannaCrypt Ransomware
1) General Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt Attacks from Microsoft
2) Existing systems running Windows 7, install and download KB4012212 from Microsoft.
This can be done through either Windows Update
or by going on the web and getting it from Microsoft as a standalone package
For other Windows system, please make sure the correct version of the patch is downloaded if done manually.
3) For Windows XP based system, see this link: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msrc/2017/05/12/customer-guidance-for-wannacrypt-attacks/
Towards the bottom of the pages there are links for downloading and installing Windows XP SP3 x86 (service pack 3 for 32 bit)
Download English language security updates: Windows Server 2003 SP2 x64
, Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86, Windows XP SP2 x64
, Windows XP SP3 x86
, Windows XP Embedded SP3 x86
, Windows 8 x86, Windows 8 x64
4) For older instruments running older versions of Windows, we cannot provide a guidance if they are no longer supported by Microsoft. There is a general advise to clone the hard-drive of the instrument as a backup before applying any patches.
Section B: General Guidelines Antivirus and Malware
1) Please refer to the guidelines we have published on this URL:
2) Tektronix recommends the installation of "critical" and "important" Microsoft Security Patch Updates following your IT departments processes and procedures for download, installation, and use of these patch updates.