QT1100 is capable of testing any 5v Logic device functionally in as wired “in-circuit” condition using a huge Vast library that defines the functionality of the device in QDDL hardware description language with pre-defined test vectors. No matter what in-circuit configuration is the device under test is, Qmax’s innovative auto compensation modifies the test vector to suit the device configuration on the fly and its evaluation engine validates each output for the corresponding input present and device functionality. QT1100 uses the back-driving or node-forcing technique to functionally test devices in-circuit. Its Auto Guarding Guide helps user to isolate those Bus devices that could potentially interfere with the Bus Device Under Test. This is also extended to OC / OE devices with wired-OR function.
QT1100 also offers QSM VI technique to test custom devices on board that cannot be functionally tested due to lack of information on the functionality. QSM VI captures traces by driving a user Selected current limited sine wave between any two nodes of the DUT and plotting the voltage Vs. current trace. For enhanced fault coverage, QSM VI is capable of capturing traces with any of the DUT pins kept as the reference pin. QSM VI helps detect ESD induced failures.
The Board Learn mode is used to learn the device’s functionality and clip status / link information from a Known Good Board (KGB) and store in a database file for the future use. A faulty board of identical type can be compared with the learnt board using the Board Test Mode, thus increasing the fault coverage. QT1100 provides the facility to create a visual board layout on the screen.
QT1100 has an in-built Short Locator to detect faulty components causing power line shorts or bus line shorts, which cannot be detected using conventional multi-meters. Using the 4-wire measurement technique, it can home-on to the faulty component causing the illegal short. It offers three ranges of measurement at 200 milliOhms2 Ohms and 20 Ohms. The measured resistance value is conveniently displayed as a digital read-out and as a bar graph display.
The built-in Resistance, Capacitance, Voltage (RCV) Measurement mode is capable of measuring RCV values using Probe and Reference pins. QT1100 is also equipped with two channel oscilloscope with maximum sampling rate of 500 KHz. The trigger options include auto, normal, single, positive and negative trigger.
• In-Circuit and Out of Circuit - Digital Functional Testing.
• Auto Guarding – For testing Bus Based devices In-circuit.
• Auto compensation with Qmax Simulator.
• Identify unknown or house coded devices.
• Loop test to isolate intermittently failing devices.
• Automatic Pull-up / downs for OC / OE devices.
• Automatic BUT Power Control.
• Versatile Clip Status display with Voltage / Impedance / Pin Labels / Link Status of every pin.
• Automatic Design Rule Checker for warning on illegal links / configurations of the device under test.
• Capable of testing Analog and Mixed Signal devices out of circuit.
• Logic Analyzer- waveform display for Input / Output Signals.
• Card Edge Testing with optional IDDE Software.
• Board Learn & Board Test Modes.
• QSM VI – an advanced tool for failure analysis.
• Circuit Tracing – For generating net list Information.
• IDDE - For developing New Device Program.
• Built in Shorts Locator.
• RCV Measurements & Oscilloscope Functions built in.