- Reliable and sophisticated analysis algorithms applied to decoded MPEG-2 or H.264 video to identify stuck, black, macro-blocking, and compression artifacts. This enables operators to distinguish between impairments resulting from network distribution versus artifacts resulting from compression.
- Industry-first unique visualization tool with innovative impairment displays highlights the location and severity of video defects, enabling engineers to clearly see and validate the presence of impairments on the image.
- Analysis of decoded MPEG-2, AC-3, MPEG-2 AAC, and MPEG-4 AAC audio to identify loudness problems in accordance with ITU-R BS.1770/1771
- Trending of video and audio metrics to help diagnose intermittent and time related problems
- Triggered-capture of streams and logging of live data enable offline analysis of service quality issues
- Logging of live data to capture min, max, and average impairment values and bit rates at user-definable time intervals enables long-term quality of experience for a service to be assessed and optimized
- Connect either directly to an Ethernet switch or integrate with Tektronix IP Video and DTV Monitoring probes
- IGMP support for analyzing multicast streams beyond the local router
- Integrate with Tektronix IP Video and DTV Monitoring probes so that QoE errors appear in the monitoring probe log interleaved with the TS and physical layer (IP and RF) QoS errors. This enables users to easily distinguish between errors that are caused by network issues (dropped packets, CC errors, etc.) and errors which do not have a corresponding network issue and are therefore caused by an upstream encoder problem.