Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd (SEI) is a global corporate group comprised of 332 consolidated companies and over 170,000 employees in more than 30 countries around the world. SEI is listed 409 in Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Largest 500 Global Companies, the only optical fiber and cable manufacturer on the list, as a testimony to its continued growth, profitability, and stability.
Industry-First Sumitomo Electric Innovations
• Designed and introduced the first mass fusion splicer, the industry’s first dual-heater fusion splicers;
splice protection heat shrink sleeve; and jacket remover
• Pioneered the first full-featured handheld splicers for FTTx application TomCat® Splicers
• The industry’s first MPO Splice-On Connector
• The industry’s first and only 1-12 fiber automatic blade rotation cleaver
• New Quantum Core-Alignment Fusion Splicer; the industry’s first and only fully
navigational touch-screen splicer with many other industry-first features.