The TCR801 Optical Clock Recovery is a dual band clock recovery instrument centered around 26 and 53 GBd. The advanced architecture of the TCR801 allows the user to adjust Phase Lock Loop (PLL) bandwidth to comply with standards, and is a crucial component in the test and validation of the optical designs when used with other testing and measuring instruments.
● Designed to lock in two ranges:
- 25.6 to 29 GBd PAM2/NRZ or PAM4
- 51.2 to 58 GBd PAM2/NRZ or PAM4
● 1250 nm to 1650 nm wavelength
● Adjustable PLL bandwidths to configure the “
response required for the standard compliance testing
● IEEE Ethernet Control Interface, which runs the instrument remotely over the network using the stand-alone PC software or through PI using VISA/Tek-VISA.
● Provides two separate RF clock outputs
● Intelligent auto relock capability and manual relock functionality is available on the front panel of the instrument
● 2 x 20 LCD is used to view network IP address and current lock status, including the measured symbol rate
● Design/Verification of High-Speed Components and Systems
● Signal integrity analysis
● Compliance test for industry standards: 25G, 50G, 100G, 200G, 400G IEEE 802.3 standards such as 400GBASE-FR8, 400GBASE-DR4, and similar optical direct detect standards.
The TCR801 Optical Clock Recovery is operated with a simplified stand-alone user interface, with control from the Windows 10 or Windows Server UI. The communication between the Windows machine and the TCR801 Optical Clock Recovery is based on an IEEE 802.3 Ethernet network, such as 100BASE-T or 1000BASE-T standards. The corresponding Programmatic Interface (PI) commands are used in automation environments to control the instrument functionality.